We exist to help the world better understand people through data. Our mission is to transform how data is used to discover new insights and empower human driven decisions.
KnowledgeHound is changing the game as to how companies (some clients include Procter & Gamble, Clorox and Weber) ingest, save and recycle their market research. We work in the market research industry which is full of antiquated tools that make it difficult to access and use important data. Our aim is to use modern technology along with wide range of relevant data to make it easy to research market behavior and to provide valuable insights for our customers.
We are just over 3 years old and have a working product with paying customers and a steady revenue stream. Procter and Gamble, Whirlpool, and Weber are just some of our Fortune 500 clients with many more to come. We recently closed a $3M round of funding and are rapidly expanding.
Our team, located in Chicago, is small yet mighty. This gives you a unique opportunity to make an immediate impact and to get involved and influence all aspects of the business. If you don't shy away from tough, but rewarding, challenges and value design and engineering craftsmanship - let’s chat!
Some of the perks we provide:
- Competitive compensation package.
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits, 401K, basic life insurance coverage.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Loft office in the West Loop with 6 beers on tap, La Colombe coffee, and a lounge-y feel in meeting rooms and common areas.
Description & Responsibilities
We’re looking for an experienced candidate who is ready to immerse themselves in the Consumer Insights and Market Research world to create their own pipeline and develop strong relationships of prospects. This may include attending conferences, reading content, and leveraging their network to interview folks in the industry. Conduct demos and move the sale along through the sales cycle. Identify ways to speed up the sales cycle and execute plans. Close sales by navigation through IT Security, Procurement processes, and MSA negotiations.
- Create and nurture a robust sales pipeline through direct sales, targeting Fortune 500 and privately held $1 Billion organizations.
- Close enterprise wide deals.
- Think creatively to identify ways to get in front of and access new clients.
- Reaching out to current network and leverage contacts to identify leads.
- Manage budget and assist in setting fiscal year forecasting and budget plans.
- Negotiate deals to maximize the value for the client and longer term success.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships.
- Take current client accounts and upsell them with bigger scope and better features.
Ideal Candidate Characteristics
- 5+ Years of Proven quota carrying software Enterprise Sales Experience ($250K+ deal size).
- Experience selling into CMO’s or VP of Insights (selling into CPG companies is a plus).
- Experience managing complex sales cycle from business champion through C Level with unclear decision processes.
- Proven track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of company) in past positions.
- Loves to hunt and close and also must be experienced in building their own pipeline.
- Consistently demonstrates and is energized by being self-led and self-driven.
- Pursues business objectives in an organized manner and can prioritize activities based on company goals.
- Acts and thinks like an entrepreneur, being creative and driven to exceed expectations even in the face of large obstacles.
- High energy performer that can build relationships and motivate buyers.
- Gains commitment from others to achieve the desired result.
- Strong communicator with ability to explain complex concepts in understandable terms and influence others.
- Demonstrates that they can persuades people in a positive manner.
- Strong computer skills, CRM systems, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Chicago location preferred but not an outright requirement.
- Customer obsessed - Our customers are more than just a sales figure. We value those who treat our customers like the dynamic, wonderful people they are and obsess over every interaction we have with them.
- Live passionately - We are a company of individuals who want to take advantage of all that life has to offer. We value people who dare to do more than collect a paycheck, who bring their life experiences to the table, and who know how to stay balanced to maximize productivity at work and at home over the long term.
- Own it - At KnowledgeHound, ownership goes beyond your specific role or title. We value those who exhibit the willingness, autonomy, and discipline to pick up a problem and courageously tackle it head on.
- Team first - We always approach our success and failures as a team. We value those who remain humble and respectful for other people and exhibit a willingness to put the team above their own self interest.
- Create, innovate, disrupt - As a company that is on a mission to change the way people think about data, we value those who push themselves to approach challenges creatively. We want disruptors and innovators that aren’t afraid to challenge the status-quo.
- Biased to action - We value those who don’t give in to "analysis paralysis" and who focus on moving and delivering fast. We are not afraid to fail and we put pragmatism ahead of unneeded formality.
- Be extraordinary - Going above and beyond is a normal way of life for us at KnowledgeHound. We value people who always strive to amaze colleagues and customers by delivering above and beyond expectations, who continuously seek to get better at everything they do, and who exhibit integrity in all their endeavors.
Why work for us?
Because the team is incredible. A-players on tech, design and business side. We don’t let organization structure, politics or processes prevent us from innovating and bringing what is right to the user, quickly.
Because we have built a great product. Our design and engineering is head and shoulders better than our competitors and we work with the latest technologies.
Because it’s the perfect time. We have Fortune 500 companies as our clients, serious revenue and investment. We are small enough for you to make a BIG impact and really be a driving force behind this company’s explosive and disruptive growth.
Because we are disruptive. We are innovative thinkers breaking into the market research world, a market that has been waiting for the right minds to come and shake it up. We are fundamentally changing the market research industry.
Have what it takes?
Send us your cover letter and resume.Apply Now