We exist to help the world better understand people through data. Our mission is to transform how data is used to discover new insights and empower human driven decisions.
KnowledgeHound is changing the game as to how companies (some clients include Procter & Gamble, Clorox and Weber) ingest, save and recycle their market research. We work in the market research industry which is full of antiquated tools that make it difficult to access and use important data. Our aim is to use modern technology along with wide range of relevant data to make it easy to research market behavior and to provide valuable insights for our customers.
We are just over 3 years old and have a working product with paying customers and a steady revenue stream. Procter and Gamble, Whirlpool, and Weber are just some of our Fortune 500 clients with many more to come. We recently closed a $3M round of funding and are rapidly expanding.
Our team, located in Chicago, is small yet mighty. This gives you a unique opportunity to make an immediate impact and to get involved and influence all aspects of the business. If you don't shy away from tough, but rewarding, challenges and value design and engineering craftsmanship - let’s chat!
Description & Responsibilities
KnowledgeHound is seeking a driven designer to join our rapidly growing company. The product, design and marketing teams have an ever-growing pipeline of projects as our company continues to grow. This means that you need to be able to take a marketing concept or user problem and create an engaging experience that is on brand. We’re looking for someone who’s not afraid to push pixels, solve interaction problems or strategically think about how to visually evolve a brand. You will be an integral part of identifying, ideating and executing brilliant design solutions and can expect your time to be split evenly across product and brand/marketing related projects. You’ll be calling on all of your skills and prior experiences to do so. Luckily for you, the resources and team support is here to provide you with the tools you need to be successful.
- 2+ years in a professional visual design role.
- Portfolio displaying proficiency in product design, branding and visual communication.
- Excellent communication skills you leverage across teams.
- Passion for and examples of solving complex problems with creativity and simplicity in mind.
- Experience designing for the web and understanding modern web practices.
- Can build upon and extend the KnowledgeHound brand with a high-level of refinement.
- You have abilities to wow people through presentations.
- You consider yourself a hybrid UX/UI designer.
- Experience working with a content management system.
- Customer obsessed - Our customers are more than just a sales figure. We value those who treat our customers like the dynamic, wonderful people they are and obsess over every interaction we have with them.
- Live passionately - We are a company of individuals who want to take advantage of all that life has to offer. We value people who dare to do more than collect a paycheck, who bring their life experiences to the table, and who know how to stay balanced to maximize productivity at work and at home over the long term.
- Own it - At KnowledgeHound, ownership goes beyond your specific role or title. We value those who exhibit the willingness, autonomy, and discipline to pick up a problem and courageously tackle it head on.
- Team first - We always approach our success and failures as a team. We value those who remain humble and respectful for other people and exhibit a willingness to put the team above their own self interest.
- Create, innovate, disrupt - As a company that is on a mission to change the way people think about data, we value those who push themselves to approach challenges creatively. We want disruptors and innovators that aren’t afraid to challenge the status-quo.
- Biased to action - We value those who don’t give in to "analysis paralysis" and who focus on moving and delivering fast. We are not afraid to fail and we put pragmatism ahead of unneeded formality.
- Be extraordinary - Going above and beyond is a normal way of life for us at KnowledgeHound. We value people who always strive to amaze colleagues and customers by delivering above and beyond expectations, who continuously seek to get better at everything they do, and who exhibit integrity in all their endeavors.
Come grow with us.
Send us your cover letter and resume.Apply Now