We exist to unlock the enormous potential trapped inside every organization's customer data. To do this, we’ve built the world’s first search driven analytics platform for customer research.
KnowledgeHound is changing the game as to how companies explore and visualize answers from the customer research and feedback data they collect. Our platform allows teams to search across any survey question they’ve ever asked to instantly uncover answers that can inform critical business decisions. We are just over 6 years old and have already built a profitable enterprise software company that serves many of the world’s Fortune 500 including P&G, Google, Whirlpool, and ExxonMobil.
Located in Chicago’s vibrant Fulton Market neighborhood, our small yet mighty team is growing and looking for individuals wanting to make an immediate impact while influencing all aspects of the business. If you don't shy away from tough, but rewarding, challenges - let’s chat!
KnowledgeHound is looking to hire a polished sales professional dedicated to the success and growth of our clients. The Enterprise Relationship Manager role plays a critical function by uncovering key business strategies of clients, suggesting and leading activities that enables our solutions to deliver against these objectives, and ultimately renewing and upselling our clientbase. The Relationship Manager will lead their clients through the 4 phases of a client lifecycle: activation, awareness, adoption, and advocacy, and build solid client relationships that propel our business forward. Strong networking, product enablement, client servicing, relationship management, and sales skills are required. This role is part of a team led by the Chief Revenue Officer, with direct access to the entire executive team including the CEO & Founder.
Relationship managers are expected to cultivate and create new relationships across their client’s organizations, finding new users and champions and ways to impact the business. This often involves engaging multiple business units and various functions including strategy, consumer insights, marketing, innovation, procurement, and finance. They will present, train, and sell new features and applications that help further the objectives and priorities of their clients.
The relationship manager wears three hats, and will adapt to the needs of their clients as required.
1. Thought leader. As an intellectually curious executive, they enjoy hearing challenges from senior executives, questioning to understand the big picture, and fitting the technology capabilities of KnowledgeHound to those challenges. Creative thinking, continuous learning, and persuasiveness are key characteristics for an individual in this role.
2. Collaborator. Working across clients as well as internally at KnowledgeHound is critical to the success of the Knowledgehound platform at a client. Being customer-obsessed is a must in order to drive adoption and renewal across the customer base. Asking questions to better understand our clients and translating that into actionable activities to drive through the subscription is critical and will ensure long lasting relationships.
3. Target Obsessed Sales Professional. It is important to not only achieve but also to take personal accountability to exceed sales targets, looking to gain traction across and within clients. The ability to close deals by building consensus internally and externally while continuing to drive urgency via tangible next steps is vital.
This Role Requires
• Product Knowledge
• Understanding of Client Organizations and Client Company Strategies
• Relationship building, creating a deeper network inside client organizations with consistent and proactive dialogue across multiple decision-makers.
• Ability to map, network, and penetrate a client’s organizational structure as well as understand key business processes to retain clients and generate new revenue streams
• Challenging clients to constructively broaden their perspective.
• Diligence to Sales Processes and Account Planning
• Responsibility of an annual upsell target as well as securing contract renewals.
• Assisting with urgent projects but also building consistent, structured, and predictable points of engagement.
• Expanding our contacts beyond existing sources, developing tailored value propositions for various areas and individuals within an organization
• Presenting a benefit-led approach to engagement and basis for continued relationship building
• Negotiating and closing sales across multiple client types and decision-makers
• Past experience in the market research or insights space
• Proven excellence in current role, goal-oriented, and consistently at or over target
• 3yrs+ of consultative sales experience, bachelors required
• Account management and business development expertise
• Solution and value selling acumen
• Well honed organization and time management skills - able to manage numerous contacts including scheduling, follow up, and frequent points of interaction to maximize account potential
• Strong communication, negotiation, presentation and diplomacy skills
• Willingness and ability to travel (~25%)
Culture is critical for working in a productive and healthy environment. If you share our core values you could be a great fit for the company.
Our customers are more than just a sales figure. We value those who treat our customers like the dynamic, wonderful people they are and obsess over every interaction we have with them.
At KnowledgeHound, ownership goes beyond your specific role or title. We value those who exhibit the willingness, autonomy, and discipline to pick up a problem and courageously tackle it head-on.
We are a company of individuals who want to take advantage of all that life has to offer. We value people who dare to do more than collect a paycheck, who bring their life experiences to the table, and who know how to stay balanced to maximize productivity at work and at home.
We always approach our successes and failures as a team. We value those who remain humble and respectful for other people and exhibit a willingness to put the team above their own self-interest.
Create, innovate, disrupt
As a company that is on a mission to change the way people think about data, we value those who push themselves to approach challenges creatively. We want disruptors and innovators that aren’t afraid to challenge the status quo.
Biased to action
We value those who don’t give in to "analysis paralysis" and who focus on moving and delivering fast. We are not afraid to fail and we put pragmatism ahead of unneeded formality.
Going above and beyond is a normal way of life for us at KnowledgeHound. We value people who always strive to amaze colleagues and customers by delivering above and beyond expectations, who continuously seek to get better at everything they do, and who exhibit integrity in all their endeavors.